- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TLC looks like it’s staying in business with Kate Gosselin.
Three years after canceling Kate Plus 8, it turns out the series’ June revival as a one-off special was not a one-off. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the cable network has ordered additional hours from the reality star and her brood. Though it’s not immediately clear how many hours the network plans to air, they will be released over multiple specials set for a December premiere.
June’s revival of TLC’s biggest-ever franchise earned a strong 2.1 million viewers when it premiered, though that number is obviously dwarfed by the nearly 10-million strong high the original franchise (Jon and Kate Plus 8) hit when the central couple decided to divorce in 2009.
This next spin on the series will follow a Gosselin family vacation, with Kate and the children traveling to Boston and other parts of New England. Now 39 years old, Gosselin remains something of a TV and tabloid fixture. Prior to March’s announcement that the family would get another TLC special, Kate and daughters Mady and Cady generated headlines with an awkward interview on NBC’s Today.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Framing Britney Spears
Michael K. Williams
The Late Show