- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TLC apparently has a sweet tooth. The network has begun production on a new reality series under the working title, Candy Queen, premiering this winter. It has ordered six half-hour episodes from the series’ production company, Half Yard Productions (Say Yes to the Dress, The Real Housewives of D.C.).
The new series will follow Jackie Sorkin who runs the L.A. based candy and events company, The Hollywood Candy Girls, as she balances her responsibilities as a wife and mother and plans the expansion of her business.
“Candy Queen joins TLC’s larger-than-life workplace series,” TLC’s SVP of Production & Development, Howard Lee, says. “Like Cake Boss and LA Ink, [the series reveals] the mouthwatering art of Jackie’s business and the sweet and sour side of balancing a career, a family, and everything else.”
Sorkin and her “Candy Crew” are well-known in Southern California for their over the top candy creations and their ability to bring clients’ sweet visions for their events to fruition. According to TLC, as Sorkin tries to grow her business, she’ll need to lean on her team and family more than ever in order to achieve sweet success.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day