- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK – Discovery Communications’ TLC will provide five days of coverage about Britain’s royals ahead of this spring’s wedding of Prince William.
In the days leading up to his April 29 nuptials with Kate Middleton, the network, in partnership with ITV Studios, will air specials, interviews with royals, a round-table discussion with experts and a show focusing on “extreme” collectors of royal memorabilia.
TLC also plans live coverage of the wedding, with a condensed version of the event set to air April 30-May 1, the network said.
TLC’s wedding-themed shows include Four Weddings and Say Yes to the Dress.
“With the success of TLC’s wedding shows, we wanted to get behind this epic event in a big way and provide our viewers with this special lineup to help enhance their overall Royal experience leading into the wedding,” said Nancy Daniels, TLC’s senior vp of programming and development. “ITV Studios America are the perfect partners to have on this project due to their expertise on the Royals and their vital relationships in London.”
Said ITV Studios America president and CEO Paul Buccieri: “This is without question the most widely anticipated wedding in a generation,”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day