- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TLC’s Hoarding: Buried Alive is set to return in February as part of the network’s new Wednesday lineup.
The show, one of the network’s most-watched series, will premiere at 9 p.m. Feb. 13 preceding the return of My Strange Addiction. The series examines not only the habits of hoarders but also the psychology of their obsession as they struggle to regain control of their behavior with the help of expert therapists and professional organizers.
The Hollywood Reporter has an exclusive look at the premiere episode, which introduces Karen, who by age 54 had endured the loss of two husbands and a child. The severe depression that directly followed drove her to hoarding.
Most affected by her problem are Karen’s children — Joseph, 14, and David, 12 — whose bedrooms she uses for storage. Because of her hoarding, none of their home’s bedrooms or bathrooms have working electrical power. Karen also is facing the prospect of losing her children now that her situation has caught the attention of Child Protective Services.
Check out the clip above.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day