- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Once again, TLC illuminates what separates humans from animals in its new special, My Collection Obsession, premiering this Sunday. The special features collectors who have taken human beings’ natural curiosity and love for inanimate objects to extreme levels. And The Hollywood Reporter has an exclusive clip.
Darlene, has about 15,000 shoe-related items in her collection. Marilyn sees her immense doll collection as part of the family. And Harrell and Patrick’s big love for Dolly Parton could fill a home – and it does. Their three-story abode is packed with memorabilia honoring the country legend from floor to ceiling. That might earn them a special surprise visitor (but you didn’t hear that from us).
In our exclusive clip above, you’ll meet Kyle. He has been obsessed with vacuums since before he learned to walk (which, of course, was behind a vacuum). And now at the age of 16, his collection has grown to 150 or 200 vacuums. He’s a mom’s dream, since he’ll sometimes vacuum the house three times in a day. His legendary love of the dirt-busting machines has even reached manufacturers who’ll send Kyle new vacuums for testing.
My Collection Obsession premieres this Sunday at 10 p.m.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day