- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TNT has picked up a noir mystery pilot.
The cabler has ordered the cast-contingent “Hollywood & Vine,” a period-piece set in post-World War II Los Angeles.
A Raymond Chandler-style mystery drama, the lead character is a private eye described as “possessing stoic charm and an uncompromising set of personal values that will let nothing deter him in his search for the truth – even if it means taking on the upper echelons of power in a city balanced precariously between the glamour of Hollywood and Beverly Hills and the dual threat of organized crime and a corrupt police department.”
Daniel Pyne (“Miami Vice,” “Any Given Sunday”) writes and executive produces with Warner Horizon as the production company.
The 1950-set pilot is a change of pace compared to the sort of modern-day procedurals typically ordered by TNT and top-rival USA. Period pieces tend to have an uphill struggle in the ratings, but have become more attractive for cable networks in the wake of AMC’s Emmy-favorite “Mad Men.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day