- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TNT has renewed Major Crimes for a second season.
The Closer spinoff, led by Mary McDonnell, will return in summer 2013 for 15 more episodes.
Major Crimes ranks as cable’s top new series for the year so far, debuting to 7.2 million viewers to its premiere telecast in August, and is one of cable’s top three new dramas in adults 18-49 (1.6 million) and 25-54 (2.1 million).
“With Major Crimes, James Duff and his amazing production team have crafted an incredibly entertaining show that not only honors the spirit of The Closer but also stands alone with its own voice and spirit,” said Michael Wright, president and head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies. “Week after week, Major Crimes has drawn millions of fans with its combination of sharp writing and engaging characters brought to life by what can only be described as one of the best acting ensembles on television. We look forward to another season of this remarkable new drama.”
The second-season pickup of Major Crimes joins returning shows including Dallas, Falling Skies and Perception.
Major Crimes, produced by Shephard/Robin Co. with Warner Bros. TV, will close out season one in mid-October. Duff, Greer Shephard, Michael M. Robin and Rick Wallace serve as executive producers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day