- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TNT has pulled the trigger on a third season of Rizzoli & Isles.
The cable network has ordered 15 episodes, which will launch in summer 2012.
The Angie Harmon-Sasha Alexander procedural has performed well on Monday nights at 10 p.m. in the ratings for TNT, which recently picked up a second season of Steven Spielberg‘s Falling Skies and greenlit the Dallas reboot. Rizzoli & Isles launched its sophomore season this summer with 8.6 million viewers.
“This summer, Rizzoli & Isles has proven that last year’s record-breaking ratings were just the beginning of this show’s remarkable track record,” said Michael Wright, executive vice president and head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies. “With a terrific cast, a top-notch production team and the kind of stories TNT fans crave, Rizzoli & Isles is poised to continue its success alongside blockbuster TNT series like The Closer and Falling Skies.”
The hourlong drama will return with new episodes from its second season in November and December.
Rizzoli & Isles follows Jane Rizzoli (Harmon), a tough Boston police detective, and Maura Isles (Alexander), a privileged medical examiner and their friendship/working relationship.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Flight Attendant
Behind The Screen