- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Tom Brokaw is in good shape following a bit of a disconcerting morning for the veteran anchor.
Down in Charlotte, North Carolina, for the Democractic National Convention, the 72-year-old newsman was due to appear on MSNBC’s Morning Joe when he felt light-headed and was taken to the hospital for evaluation.
PHOTOS: THR’s 35 Most Powerful People in Media
“After medical evaluation and a round of tests, Tom was pronounced in great health and has been discharged,” said NBC News president Steve Capus. “We’re immensely grateful to the team at Carolinas Medical Center for their excellent care and professionalism.”
Brokaw has been covering the DNC — and the Republican National Convention before it — alongside heir to his old Nightly News desk Brian Williams, Today‘s Savannah Guthrie, Andrea Mitchell and a slew of other NBC News faces.
He took to Twitter to reassure concerned viewers.
“All is well,” wrote Brokaw. “Early AM I mistakenly took a half dose of Ambien and made less sense than usual. Made a better comeback than Giants…”
NBC’s coverage of the 2012 DNC concludes tonight with a speech from President Obama.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day