- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — A&E is teaming with veteran showrunner Tom Fontana (Oz, Homicide: Life on the Street) on a half-hour drama about police interrogations.
The Box will feature a small ensemble cast and harks back to Fontana’s roots as s playwright with each episode will explore one interrogation. The project is in the early stages of development; A&E has ordered two 30-mintue scripts. If picked up to series, The Box will be produced by Arvin Brown (NCIS, The Closer), George Stelzner and Fontana and his producing partner Barry Levinson through The Levinson/Fontana Company.
“The Box takes the most thrilling scene of a crime procedural and puts it at center stage in aunique format,” said Bob DeBitetto, president and general manager of A&E and BIO Channel, in a statement. “We are thrilled to partner with the exceptionally creative Tom Fontana on the development of this project.”
Fontana is repped by UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Fien Print
The Last of Us
Tyler James Williams