- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tom Hanks is returning to Studio 8H.
The Oscar-winning actor is set to host Saturday Night Live for a ninth time on Oct. 22, it was announced Friday.
Hanks’ biopic Sully recently hit the $100 million mark, and he is also promoting his upcoming film Inferno, a sequel to The Da Vinci Code.
Recently announced Super Bowl halftime performer Lady Gaga, who is getting ready for the release of her new studio album Joanne, will perform, marking her third time as musical guest.
The week prior to Hanks, Girl on the Train star Emily Blunt will make her hosting debut on Oct. 15. She will be joined by Bruno Mars, who makes his fourth appearance as musical guest ahead of the November release of his third album, 24K.
The news comes after a ratings win for the veteran show. The 42nd season premiere, which included the introduction of Alec Baldwin playing Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, drew the highest ratings since 2014 and was the best showing for a season premiere since 2008.
This Saturday, SNL welcomes Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda for his inaugural turn as host.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day