- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tom Hanks is gearing up for his return to Studio 8H, first stopping by the rooftop lounge area.
In new promos, the Inferno star and Saturday Night Live‘s Leslie Jones sip mimosas in a rooftop garden, attempt to parachute off of the roof and get busted by security guards for trespassing as Hanks readies to host SNL for the ninth time on Oct. 22.
The veteran actor, who made his debut on the sketch show in 1985, tells Jones he’s far from nervous: “I’ve done this show a couple times, Leslie.”
Jones asked Hanks repeatedly what “outer space is like” and after questioning the actor, he finally answered: “Cold.” She also asked him if he’s ever been in love (while applying chapstick) and served mimosas as they escaped guards and she yelled “Run, Forrest, run!”
In a separate SNL spot, years of footage of Hanks’ past sketches and monologues replays as he excitedly tells the camera, “Lorne says this time could be my big break!”
Lady Gaga will serve as the musical guest during Saturday’s show.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day