- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tom Hiddleston is flattered by those James Bond rumors.
“I play a British spy in The Night Manager, so I think people have made the leap,” he said while on Jimmy Kimmel Live on Tuesday night.. “As somebody who grew up with Sean Connery and Roger Moore, there’s a part of me that goes, ‘Really? Are you kidding?’ But I feel like who’s going to be the next James Bond is one of the nation’s favorite pub conversations. It’s up there with who’s gonna win X Factor and when is the England national going to live up to its full potential and is Britain gonna leave the EU?”
Will there ever be an American James Bond? “Possibly,” he said. “Larry David would make a good James Bond.”
“If you do yodel [on this show], you will never be James Bond, James Bond does not yodel in any situation,” warned Kimmel. “You have a huge decision here to make.”
Nevertheless, he sang a few bars of Williams’ “Long Gone Lonesome Blues” for the late-night host.
Hiddleston also noted that the U.K. has also entertained a Donald Trump-like candidate: “Nigel Farage, but let’s not give him any airtime.”
Watch the videos below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day