- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tommy Chong, of Cheech & Chong fame, has teamed up with popular app WeedMaps for a sketch comedy series aimed at the “stoner” audience.
Almost Legal, starring the comedian and featuring such guests as Hannibal Burress, Danny Trejo, Steve-O, Andy Milonakis and Garfunkel and Oates, will air via FilmOn Networks which has secured distribution over Dish Network in addition to its own streaming site FilmOn.com, which claims to have 70 million monthly uniques internationally.
It’s being described as a “counterculture variety show,” “an irreverent take on the traditional late-night talk show” and “a stoner’s version of [The Daily Show with] Jon Stewart.” According to FilmOn, Almost Legal will feature celebrity interviews, sketch comedy and musical acts in addition to “anything that affects the pot smoker’s status in any way, negative or positive” — including Chong’s own battle with cancer and treatment through medical marijuana.
The series is directed by Paris Chong, executive produced by Eli Graham and written by Sam Brown, Joe Wagner, Kyle Williams and Eddie Ifft.
FilmOn is owned by Greek billionaire Alki David who also helms Hologram USA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day