- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Days after signing a talent and script deal at NBC, Tone Bell has already signed on to a pilot.
The Bad Judge breakout has been tapped to co-star in comedy pilot People Are Talking, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
From Growing Up Fisher‘s DJ Nash, the multicamera comedy will examine sex, race and everything else your parents told you never to talk about.
Read more TV Pilots 2015: The Complete Guide
Bell will play the co-lead: the best friend, neighbor — and voice of reason — to protagonist Mitch. He’s a stand-up comic, which is relevant only in that it means he has no fear when it comes to talking to someone or making a scene in public to prove his point.
The casting marks Bell’s latest role with NBC, years after winning the network’s Stand-Up for Diversity competition in 2011. That led to a talent deal and a role on Whitney. His other credits include Fox comedy pilot To My Future Assistant and NBC’s short-lived Kate Walsh courtroom comedy, Bad Judge.
Nash will pen the script for People Are Talking and executive produce the Universal Television comedy alongside Will Packer Productions’ Will Packer and Korin Huggins.
Bell is repped by Black Box Management, Innovative Artists and Jackoway Tyerman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Fien Print
William Jackson Harper