- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The two actors joined Fallon around a “campfire” to read scary stories written by elementary school students.
Accompanied by creepy music from The Roots, the three of them read aloud while holding flashlights under their faces for added effect. Fallon’s story, titled “The Anonymous Man,” featured the line, “I was so scared my underwear almost came off” and ended with the ominous, “He could be in your house and he might scare your underwear off!”
For Kendrick’s turn, a “hungry ghost” went to McDonald’s at the end of a long Halloween night and got a milkshake “because his mom said he could have one.” Lithgow concluded the reading with “Ghost Boy,” a tale about a boy who returned to school and “scared the fourth graders at recess.”
Kendrick, promoting the upcoming film Trolls, also told Fallon a story about her recent visit to a “sexy” haunted house, inspired by the video of the Tonight Show host walking through a scary haunted house with Kevin Hart.
Watch the videos below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Monsters at Work