- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The newest Torchwood chapter attracted 819,000 total viewers to its initial premiere airing last Friday at 10 p.m. and 687,000 total viewers tuned into the 11 p.m. encore bringing the total viewership for the premiere night to 1.51 million viewers. On Demand and online viewing have yet to be counted.
Camelot, which premiered back in April, scored a slightly higher audience with 1.57 million total viewers for its first episode airing and encore on a Friday night, as well.
The numbers aren’t really a harbinger of death for the new Torchwood team as Starz said it canceled Camelot due to “significant production challenges,” which reportedly included scheduling difficulties with the actors. The Arthurian retelling pretty much held its audience throughout the season.
So, that’s what will really count going forward. Can Torchwood: Miracle Day hold on to its strong numbers as the season unfolds?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day