- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tracey Gold is going from Lifetime to Syfy.
The former Growing Pains actress has been tapped to headline Syfy’s original movie Arachnoquake, the cable network announced Tuesday.
Bug Hall (The Little Rascals), Ethan Phillips (Star Trek: Voyager) and Edward Furlong (Terminator 2: Judgment Day) round out the cast in the telepic that features giant albino spiders, freed from their ancient subterranean prison who go on a killing spree in New Orleans after a massive earthquake.
The Active Entertainment project, currently in production in Louisiana, will premiere next year on Syfy. The project reteams the network with director Griff Furst, who helmed its Swamp Shark, one of the highest-rated Syfy Saturday Original Movies of the year.
Gold, who struggled with anorexiain the 1990s, is currently starring on Lifetime’s new unscripted series Starving Secrets With Tracey Gold, which features the actress sharing her own experiences with other women and working with a team of specialists to help them get the treatment they need.
Gold next appears on ABC’s Celebrity Wife Swap, where she’ll be swapping homes with Carnie Wilson. The unscripted series bows Tuesday, Jan. 3.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day