- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actor, who plays Tracy Jordan, will miss two to three episodes set to air in March.
The reason? Morgan is currently recovering from a kidney transplant that took place earlier this month.
“Tracy is doing well and taking some much needed time to recover after the surgery. He is looking forward to going back to work after the holidays,” the actor’s rep confirmed to THR in a statement.
Entertainment Weekly first reported the news, noting that the show’s writers are planning to mention the actor’s absence by saying that his character has suffered a meltdown due to something good that has happened to him.
EW also reported that Grizz Chapman, who played a member of Tracy’s security team on the show, also had a kidney transplant recently. Morgan is the spokesperson for the Kidney Foundation. In 1996, he was diagnosed with diabetes.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day