- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amazon announced Thursday that the platform is offering all 10 episodes of the series’ critically praised debut season in celebration of its Golden Globe wins for best comedy and best actor for Jeffrey Tambor. The already-renewed show from Jill Soloway stars Tambor as an L.A. patriarch who reveals to his three self-obsessed grown children that he’s transgender, and also features Judith Light, Gaby Hoffmann, Amy Landecker and Jay Duplass.
“We’re incredibly proud of everyone involved in the making of Transparent — the team took a risk and it paid off,” said Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.com. “Big kudos and congrats to Jill, Jeffrey, and all the cast and crew.”
On Saturday, the platform is also offering a 25 percent discount to new subscribers to Amazon Prime, on which Transparent is usually only available, at $72 for one year.
Transparent can be streamed free on Saturday using the Amazon Instant Video app for TVs, connected devices and mobile devices, or online at Amazon.com/Transparent. And FYI, it takes exactly five hours to very easily binge on the series in its entirety.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day