- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sales agent Europe Images International closed deals for the series, which stars Chris Vance, with Hungary’s RTL Klub and Turkish channel ATV as Transporter begins its international roll out. The series had its world premiere in Germany last Thursday, where it drew a respectable total audience of 4.01 million on top commercial network RTL, with 17.3 percent of the key 14-49 demographic tuning in.
The series is a co-production between France’s Atlantique Productions and QVF in Canada with RTL, France’s M6, HBO/Cinemax in the U.S. and Canadian pay TV operators TMN and Movie Central on board as financiers. Europe Images previously closed deals for the series with Italy’s Mediaset, Antena 3 in Spain, HBO Ole in Latin America, Fox International Channels Pty for Australia, India’s MSM and Orion Cinema Network in South Korea.
The 12-part series sees Vance reprising Jason Statham‘s film role as Frank Martin, a former Special Forces solider who works as a transporter, delivering dangerous and illegal goods for clients around the world. The Transporter series goes out on M6 in France later this year and will bow in North America in early 2013.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day