- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Travel Channel is readying a paranormal journey for its viewers.
The network has ordered an eight episode first season of The Dead Files, an investigative one-hour series that pairs Steve DiSchiavi, a retired Homicide Detective with the New York City Police Department with more than 21 years of active service with psychic communicator Amy Allan who has an established sixth sense and an affinity for channeling the dead. The partners explore each case on their own and then link up at the end to compare notes.
The series, which will premiere Sept 23, will be paired with the fifth season of Ghost Adventures. “Our Friday night series takes viewers beyond the haunted destinations — They provide a different type of escape, providing a taste of the other side and a new perspective on their own surroundings,” said the channel’s SVP of programming and development Fred Graver.
Dead Files hails from Painless Productions with Jim Casey serving as executive producer and John C. Fitzgerald and Ross Kaiman on board as co-executive producers. David E. Gerber is billed as an executive producer for the Travel Channel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day