- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
David Morse and India Ennega are on board as series regulars for the 11-episode second season of Treme, which launches April 24. The actors both had recurring roles in the HBO series’ first season.
TV food adventurer and author Anthony Bourdain (Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations) joins the writing staff this season as well.
Additionally, Jon Seda (The Pacific) joins the New Orleans-set drama as Nelson Hildago, a character arriving fresh from Dallas to avail himself to the opportunities presented in the city in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
Creator David Simon says of the second season, “We are following the actual timeline of post-Katrina New Orleans as a means of understanding what happened — and what didn’t happen — when an American city suffered a near-death experience. In doing so, we’re trying to address ourselves to what the American experiement has become and what possibilities remain for us.”
Simon and David Overmyer are co-creators of the program. Nina N. Noble also serves as a exec producer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day