- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jason Lee has a new partner in crime.
Based on the U.K. series by Paula Milne, which stars Clive Owen, the gothic psychological thriller revolves around Ross Tanner (My Name Is Earl‘s Lee), a detective who is suddenly afflicted with an autoimmune virus that causes hallucinations reflective of his subconscious. He discovers that catching the killer depends as much on insight as eyesight.
Dickens will play Sammy Wilde, a detective on Ross’ team with an off-color sense of humor. She’s a likable back-country cougar with a fondness for men and liquor — a sharp-tongued free spirit with plenty of free time to follow her heart’s desires.
Homeland‘s Michael Cuesta will pen the drama alongside his brother, Gerald Cuesta. Both will exec produce, with the former also directing the pilot. CSI‘s Carol Mendelsohn will also exec produce the CBS Television Studios drama alongside Julie Weitz, Nick Reed, Phil Goldfine and Paula Milne.
Dickens, whose Treme will wrap its run on HBO this year, also played Shelby Saracen on NBC’s Friday Night Lights. Her credits also include Deadwood, Lost and The Blind Side. She’s repped by Gersh and Independent Artists.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day