- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A large portion of Disney World welcomed back guests Saturday, which included the Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park. The rest of the sprawling resort will reopen Wednesday, including EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. All the while, Florida reported a record-breaking 15,299 new confirmed coronavirus cases Sunday, which marked the highest daily total any U.S. state has recorded thus far.
The Daily Show host was utterly baffled by the situation.
“It’s crazy that we’re in the middle of a pandemic that’s killed hundreds of thousands of people and there are still folks out there like, ‘Life isn’t scary enough. Let’s go on a roller coaster!'” Noah said. “What dad is so cheap that this vacation is worth the risk?”
The host’s mini-rant continued as he mocked a message that plays over the speakers at the park, asking guests to wear their masks, wash their hands often and to social distance. “Basically, what we’re saying is: ‘Why are you at Disney World, dumbass?'” Noah said with his mouth covered, impersonating the park announcer.
Pointing out park staff are just as much at risk as the guests, Noah quipped, “The safest job they have right now is inside a 200-degree rat costume.”
Watch the full segment below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day