- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Trevor Noah previously noted that he picked his first week of Daily Show guests very strategically: Monday’s debut with Kevin Hart represented the show’s comedic priority, and Wednesday’s episode with Chris Christie noted its political scope.
During the incoming host’s first political interview on Wednesday, he grilled the New Jersey governor on his policies on immigration and Social Security reform, and how to work effectively with Democrats.
Christie explained that his pricey plan to track immigrants on tourist and student visas using fingerprints “is a lot less expensive than [Donald Trump’s] 2,000-mile wall across the entire southern border.”
Noah also called out Christie after the candidate said, “Why would we trust the government? They’ve already lied to us,” as the host asked the public official, “Who is the government? I’m confused.”
He concluded by asking Christie about his strategy to boost his poll numbers, to which the governor responded: “Coming on the first week of The Daily Show With Trevor Noah.”
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Last of Us
Tyler James Williams
The Duffer Brothers
Robert De Niro