- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On Wednesday, Trevor Noah encouraged his viewers to donate to charities helping Hurricane Harvey victims, as he commented on how people are stepping up to support others in a time of need. He reflected on how Mexico’s foreign minister called the Texas governor to propose an assistance package similar to the one the country provided after Hurricane Katrina, offering troops, medical supplies, food and water.
“Mexicans are a lot better than I am as a human being,” said Noah, referring to how Trump has spoken about Mexicans in the past and his continued promises of building a wall. “I would have helped, but I would have been super bitchy about it.”
“Every moment I would add assholeness to every single thing,” Noah said. He jokingly voiced an exchange between two people.
“I’d be like, ‘C’mon get on to the boat.’ ‘Thank God you’re here to help me out, you got here in time.’ ‘Luckily there was no wall — can you imagine if there was, man?'” he said.
Noah also had a conversation with Roy Wood Jr. about the confederate statue debate and spoke with Michelle Wolf about Ivanka Trump’s latest stance on equal pay.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day