- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A version of this story first appeared in the Oct. 9 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
In the weeks leading to Trevor Noah‘s Sept. 28 debut on The Daily Show, the comedian didn’t suffer sleepless nights. Instead, the South African tells THR he had been plagued by weird dreams.
doesn’t say much, and really what we’re doing is enjoying the spectacle of it all,” explained Noah before his Monday debut. “At some point, our indulgence may come back to bite us.””]
“What I dream about changes from night to night, and the most recent one was about mass incarceration. I was debating mass incarceration,” he laughs before noting that taking over for Jon Stewart has resulted in “good stress.” The 31-year- old comic adds: “I take my job very seriously, whether it’s stand-up comedy or preparing for a TV show. Some days are all fun and some are all work, but for the most part I’m enjoying the experience.”
Audiences seemed to enjoy Noah’s first outing on Monday night. THR reported that ratings for his Daily Show got off to a “reasonably strong” start, kicking off with 1.1 million viewers. Read THR critic Daniel Fienberg‘s review here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day