- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On Wednesday’s Daily Show, Noah played a clip from the debate of Trump praising President Dwight Eisenhower for deporting 1.5 million illegal immigrants during his presidential tenure. But Noah claimed there were two things problematic about Trump’s claim.
“First, Eisenhower ended up deporting probably 250,000 immigrants, and second, that program that Donald Trump loved so much was officially called ‘Operation Wetback,’ ” said Noah.
After the audience audibly reacted to the name, Noah replied: “There’s something to be said for a policy that doesn’t hide where it’s coming from. It’s like if ‘stop and frisk’ was called, ‘Hey, what’s in that black guy’s pockets?’ “
Noah also mocked Trump for complaining at the debate that Carly Fiorina was interrupting people.
“It’s pretty clear: Donald Trump only wants women onstage after he’s awarded them some kind of sash,” said Noah, referring to Trump’s Miss Universe Organization.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Script to Scene