- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Daily Show host took aim during Thursday’s episode at companies like DraftKings, which are currently being investigated by the F.B.I. over allegations of insider trading.
“For years, this was a simple affair,” Noah said about the evolution of fantasy sports. “You joined a season-long league with your college friends, threw in 20 bucks into a pool and then you had something to talk about with your friends long after you had nothing to talk about with your friends.”
However, the government agency’s investigation into the sites feels a little fishy to Noah.
“Something tells me this is the result of some F.B.I. agent slacking off at work, sitting there like, ‘What? No, I wasn’t checking my fantasy team. I’m investigating … crimes,’ ” Noah said with a laugh.
Noah then spoke to Daily Show correspondent Jordan Klepper, who tried his best to defend the pastime.
Noah called the sites “so dishonest” before adding, “You don’t mind that the whole thing seems rigged?” to which Klepper replied, “That’s part of the challenge.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day