- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tribune Media, the entertainment company that was created by the 2014 split of Tribune Co., has struck a partnership with the millennial news and issues digital media site Attn:.
Tribune Media will invest in the social issue-driven content company to better target mobile-first consumers getting their news and entertainment via social media platforms. Terms of the investment were not disclosed.
Attn:, which has Ryan Seacrest among its earlier investors, will in turn get access to Tribune’s library of video content to develop and produce original content, much of it viral videos for social media platforms.
And Tribune Media, whose assets include 42 local TV stations, the WGN America cable network and digital businesses, will distribute and monetize Attn: video content across its TV and digital properties.
“We’ve found some kindred spirits in our new partners at Attn:,” Josh Cogswell, Tribune Media’s chief product officer, said in a statement.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power