- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC’s L.A. Crime is enlisting a True Blood alum.
Karolina Wydra has boarded the network’s anthology, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Read more TV Pilots 2015: The Complete Guide
L.A. Crime is a character-driven, true-crime procedural anthology that explores sex, politics and popular culture across various noteworthy eras in L.A. history. Season one focuses on two L.A. cops in search for a Bonnie & Clyde-esque serial killing team amid the rock-and-roll, coke-infused revelry of the 1980s Sunset Strip.
Wydra is set to play Diane, a beautiful, resilient detective working undercover as a barmaid on the Sunset Strip.
See more The Faces of Pilot Season 2015
Wydra, who played Jason’s love interest Violet on HBO’s vampire drama, joins a cast that also includes Parenthood alum Erika Christensen, American Horror Story‘s Taissa Farmiga (the later two who have one-year deals) and Darrell Britt-Gibson.
Steven Baigelman will pen the script and exec produce the ABC Studios and Mandeville Television entry alongside David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman, Laurie Zaks and Tom Shankland, the latter of whom will direct.
Wydra is repped by ICM Partners and Anonymous Content.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day