- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When HBO’s True Blood returns for season six, there will be a new face in town.
Veteran actor Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner) has joined the show as a series regular, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
While details about Hauer’s character are mostly under wraps, TV Line – who first reported the casting – reports that Hauer will play Macklyn, who has a deep and dark connection to Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) and her brother, Jason (Ryan Kwanten).
The Dutch actor’s extensive credits include Blade Runner (in which he played Roy Batty), Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Blood of Heroes and Batman Begins. He won a Golden Globe for best supporting actor for his role in the made-for-TV film Escape from Sobibor.
True Blood’s fifth season – which was Alan Ball’s final as showrunner – saw Sookie and Jason on a mission to find out who really killed their parents. A vampire named Warlow seems to be to blame, and that story line is most likely to be explored more when the show returns for season six.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Late Night With Seth Meyers