- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The return of HBO’s True Blood proved its worth in the ratings.
Sunday’s Season 4 premiere matched the supernatural series’ series high in the ratings, drawing 5.4 million viewers at 9 p.m. Compared to last year’s season launch, which lured 5.1 million, True Blood improved 6 percent.
The season premiere is on par with the Season 3 closer last September, when Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) was seen disappearing into fairyland.
An 11 p.m. encore of the Season 4 opener added 1 million more viewers for a cume of 6.4 million on premiere night.
[Note: If you haven’t seen the premiere, don’t go past this point.] And what viewers found out soon after Sookie’s visit to the “other world,” was how much time had actually passed, allowing such things like Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) buying Sookkie’s house, Tara (Rutina Wesley) getting into cage fighting and Jason (Ryan Kwanten) becoming a full-fledged deputy. Here is a complete rundown of what Sookie needs to catch up on in Bon Temps, La.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day