- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
True Blood will bite back in June.
The HBO vampire drama’s season-six premiere has been announced for Sunday, June 16 at 9 p.m.
Stephen Moyer, who plays vampire Bill on the show, is directing the premiere episode.
The series, starring Moyer, Anna Paquin and Alexander Skarsgard, recently underwent an unexpected change in showrunners, as The Hollywood Reporter first reported. Mark Hudis, who in May replaced departing creator-showrunner Alan Ball, was replaced himself by writer-producer Brian Buckner, who has been with the series since its first season.
The new 10-episode season will see a slew of additions to the show, including Friday Night Lights actress Jurnee Smollett-Bell and Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner), whose character will have a deep and dark connection to Sookie Stackhouse (Paquin).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Script to Scene
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier