- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Katherine Helmond, best known as Mona from the sitcom Who’s the Boss, has been tapped to guest star on HBO’s vampire drama True Blood.
First reported by True-Blood.net, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that Helmond will play Caroline Bellefleur, the grandmother of Bon Temps sheriff Andy Bellefleur (Chris Bauer) and his sister, Portia (Courtney Ford). The actress is set to appear in two episodes of Season 4, which premieres Sunday.
While not much is known about Helmond’s role on the HBO series, in the Charlaine Harris books on which the series is based, Caroline was anti-vampire and was not a fan of Sookie (played on the series by Anna Paquin).
She eventually comes around after Sookie helps prove Andy’s innocence in the death of Lafayette. Bill (Stephen Moyer) is later revealed to be Caroline’s great-grandfather.
Helmond, repped by APA, most recently was part of the voice cast for Disney/Pixar’s Cars and its sequel.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day