- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Seth Meyers poked great, great fun at the scripts of True Detective with a game on Monday night’s episode of Late Night, because “if you have no idea what that means, then welcome to the world of True Detective.”
“The characters on True Detective have a way of speaking in these little philosophical ruminations on life,” he explained. “The dialogue in season two in True Detective sounds almost exactly like what you’d find inside a fortune cookie.”
Complete with its own ambiguous theme song, the game show segment then had people guessing the roots of lines like “Better to walk before they make you run,” “Never do anything out of hunger, not even eating,” and “Full moon is the best time for gratifying alliances.” Playing along is actually pretty difficult.
Plus, they also took shots in the spirit of the show — by thinking about the worst thing that’s ever happened to them before throwing it back.
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Tyler James Williams
How to Get to That “F*** You, I’ll Do What I Want” Place: Steven Yeun, John Mulaney and the THR Comedy Actor Roundtable
Dana Carvey Reveals Why He Wouldn’t Let Robin Williams Make an Appearance in Iconic Church Lady ‘SNL’ Sketch
‘Vanderpump Rules’ Reunion Reveals Tom Sandoval and Raquel Leviss’ Private Chat About Ariana Madix; Restraining Order Update