- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After releasing a moody teaser (sans dialogue) last month, the Nic Pizzolatto drama’s new trailer gives voice to its characters. And what they are saying is pretty depressing.
“Sometimes your worst self is your best self,” says Frank Semyon (Vince Vaughn), a criminal and entrepreneur.
Adds Detective Ani Bezzerides (Rachel McAdams): “This girl’s gone missing. Nobody cares. The interior is poisoned and suddenly worth billions. Nobody cares.”
The second season, which takes place in Southern California, also stars Colin Farrell as crooked detective Ray Velcoro and Taylor Kitsch as Paul Woodrugh, a war veteran and motorcycle cop for the California Highway Patrol. The story is set into motion when a bizarre crime brings together three different law enforcement officers and a career criminal (Vaughn), who must navigate a web of conspiracy and betrayal.
Justin Lin directs the first two episodes of the season, which premieres on Sunday, June 21, on HBO.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day