- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
President Donald Trump says a vaccine for COVID-19 will be available by the end of the year.
Trump also says the U.S. government is putting its “full power and might” behind remdesivir, a drug that has shown early promise as a treatment for the disease caused by the new coronavirus.
The president commented Sunday night during a televised town hall that aired on Fox News Channel.
Trump sat inside the Lincoln Memorial and fielded questions from two Fox hosts, as well as from people who submitted questions over Fox’s social media platforms.
The president responded to a Nebraska man who recovered from COVID-19 by saying: “We think we are going to have a vaccine by the end of this year.”
Trump also said his administration was pushing hard for remdesivir.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Succession’ Creator Jesse Armstrong Explains Series Finale Fates for Kendall, Shiv and Roman
‘The Idol’ Stars Defend Controversial Show: “We Always Knew We Were Going to Make Something Provocative”
Evan Handler Says Kim Cattrall’s ‘And Just Like That’ Cameo Was Filmed “With No Contact With Anybody”