- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Guess a lot of people wanted to see Anne Boleyn get her head chopped off.
The second season finale of Showtime’s “The Tudors” averaged 852,000 total viewers Sunday night — up 83% from the first-season finale.
Like with “Dexter,” the second season of “Tudors” was, as they say, head and shoulders above the first. Even constant scowling of Jonathan Rhys Meyers couldn’t taint it. Now fans just have to avoid reading Wiki entries about Henry VIII and to avoid spoiling the plot of the rest of the series.
Here’s the final scene. Note how Boleyn’s executioner used the good ol’ “Hey, look over there!” trick. Crafty … and deadly!
A “Tudors” aside: Ever notice how in the credits of the comedy “The Office” acertain executive uses the name “Ben Silverman” but in the dramatic production of ye olde England in “The Tudors” he goes by the more regal “Benjamin Silverman”? Like a chameleon, no?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day