- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
UPDATED: Aside from an impressive rebounding from CBS’ “NCIS: Los Angeles,” most shows dipped in the ratings Tuesday night, including Fox’s top-dog “American Idol.” CBS’ “NCIS” and NBC’s “Biggest Loser” maintained impressive numbers, while the second week of Fox’s “Human Target” slipped against increased competition.
Fox won the night with “Idol” (24.5 million viewers, 9.0 preliminary adults 18-49 rating), featuring guest judges Avril Lavigne and Katy Perry, slipping 11% from last week. “Target” (9.3 million, 3.2) was down a couple tenths.
CBS placed second with “NCIS” (20.2 million, 4.0) landing in Fox’s total viewer ballpark, down slightly from its last original. “NCIS: LA” (16.9 million, 3.7) was up a steep 24%, followed by a repeat.
In a close third, NBC’s two-hour “Loser” (9.7 million, 3.8) was down 7%, yet soared in its second half after getting out of the way of “Idol.” “Jay Leno Show” (6.2 million, 1.9) placed second at 10 p.m.
ABC burned off some “Scrubs” (3.2 million, 1.2) and “Better Off Ted” (2.5 million, 1.0), both lower this week, paving the way for a similarly rated “Lost” repeat. CW aired repeats.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day