- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Television Academy is kicking off an ambitious year with a new voice for its marketing and brand management. The group behind the Emmys announced Friday the appointment of Susan Spencer as senior vp media and brand management.
Spencer’s hiring comes as the Academy realigns staff to facilitate several long-range goals, including the 2015 implementation of a full online Emmy voting process and the 2016 opening of its new media center in North Hollywood.
“Susan has a proven track record as one of the entertainment world’s most effective marketers,” said Academy president and COO Maury McIntyre. “The Academy is at the forefront of a remarkable moment of innovation for the industry and Susan will play a key leadership role in this transformation.”
Formerly head of marketing for DreamWorks Animation, Spencer will steer brand management, marketing and publicity for the Academy — along with editorial for its various media platforms, including Emmy Magazine.
“The opportunity to join the Academy during this fascinating intersection of content with myriad digital platforms and vistas yet to come is very special,” added Spencer.
Her resume also includes senior marketing positions at Fox Consumer Products and Universal Studios Hollywood.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day