- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TV Land is putting former longtime NBC stars Kirstie Alley, Rhea Perlman and Michael Richards back on the air.
The cable network home to Hot in Cleveland said Friday that it has picked up Kirstie’s New Show (previously titled Giant Baby) to series. The 12-episode sitcom will debut in the fall.
Kirstie’s New Show centers on Madison Banks (Alley), a Broadway star who finds her life turned upside down when her son (Eric Petersen) turns up looking to reconnect with his biological mother after his adopted mom dies.
Richards (Seinfeld) will play Maddie’s limo driver, with Gilles Marini guest starring as her chef. Perlman, who co-starred with Alley on the final six seasons of Cheers, plays Maddien’s assistant/best friend in the series created by Marco Pennette (Desperate Housewives).
“We’ve been after Kirstie for two years, and now we found the perfect show for her and the perfect writer in Marco Pennette,” said Keith Cox, TV Land’s executive vp development and original programming. “We are so excited to give a home to Kirstie and this amazing cast with a show that TV Land fans will love.”
Alley celebrated the news, fittingly, on Broadway. Check out the clip below of her celebrating the series order.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day