- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Bachelorette made a strong return to ABC on Monday night, tying with Dancing With the Stars as the night’s No. 2 telecast.
ABC’s 13th cycle of the dating competition averaged a 1.8 rating among adults 18-49, reflecting a two-tenths of a point dip from the comparable debut last year. The premiere also averaged 5.7 million viewers. An abbreviated Dancing With Stars was lifted at 8 o’clock to tie Bachelorette, though not as high as the Bachelorette lead-in episode last season.
The three-hour stretch at a 1.8 rating was enough to propel ABC ahead of NBC for a Monday win. The latter’s steady episode of The Voice (1.9 adults) led into a dipping return of Running Wild With Bear Grylls (0.9 adults).
CBS aired special Princess Diana: Her Life, Her Death to the tune of a 0.8 rating in the key demo. A primetime special of James Corden’s “Carpool Karaoke” followed with a 0.7 rating.
Gotham (1.0 adults) and Lucifer (0.8 adults) were modestly lifted on Fox, as were the season enders of Supergirl (0.6 adults) and Jane the Virgin (0.4 adults) on the CW.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day