- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
NBC enjoyed the spoils of a soft summer Sunday, winning the night among adults 18-49 and placing second in viewers to CBS’ block of encores.
A boosted Dateline kicked off the night for the Peacock with a 0.9 adults rating, leading into concert special Adele: Live in London (1.7 in the demo) and the night’s strongest performer, the 2012 Miss USA Pageant. The two-hour special pulled a 1.8 adults rating, giving NBC a 1.5 demo score for the night and 5.8 million viewers.
PHOTOS: Summer TV Preview 2012
An America’s Funniest Home Videos repeat (1.2 with adults 18-49) kicked off ABC’s summer premieres of Secret Millionaire and Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition. Millionaire, which saw an in-season premiere in spring 2011, was down 56 percent, season to season, with a 1.5 rating among adults 18-49. Makeover was down seven-tenths of a point from last summer’s premiere, pulling a 1.5 demo rating. ABC averaged a 1.4 rating with 18-49-ers for the night and 4.9 million viewers.
Animation encores earned Fox a third-place finish, averaging a 1.3 rating with adults 18-49 and 2.8 million viewers. CBS averaged a 0.8 in the demo (and 6 million viewers) with its own repeats and an original outing for 60 Minutes (steady with a 1.4 in the demo).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day