- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
American Idol expanded to two hours in its second night back on the Fox lineup, holding steady with its shorter 8 p.m. outing on Wednesday night. Fast national returns from Nielsen give the show a 3.0 rating with adults 18-49 and 11 million viewers.
The night’s clear winner, The Big Bang Theory, saw a 15 percent boost from its last original a month ago. It averaged a 4.5 rating with adults 18-49. Mom scored another series high at 8:30 p.m. on CBS, up half of a point to a 2.8 rating in the key demo. Two and a Half Men (2.2 adults) was up three-tenths of a point, while The McCarthys (1.7 adults) and Elementary (1.4 adults) held steady.
Read More Empire Bows Big, Beats Idol Lead-in
The Biggest Loser (1.3 adults) rebounded four-tenths of a point from its December series low, while the Bad Judge (0.8 adults) and A to Z (0.6 adults) burn-off continued before the return of Parenthood (1.4 adults).
ABC had a new episode of The Taste, which improved two-tenths of a point for a 0.9 rating among adults 18-49.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day