- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The full story for ABC’s new singing competition, Rising Star, won’t be clear until later on Monday thanks to the unique airing schedule. But initial returns aren’t particularly fortuitous, with the two-hour live telecast averaging a 1.5 rating among adults 18-49 and 5 million viewers in Fast National returns.
If that demo rating stands, it would be smaller than the network’s last stab at a singing competition with Duets in 2012 (1.7 rating). On Monday morning, ABC pointed to strong downloads for the Rising Star app (1 million) as a promising sign for engagement.
Still, Rising Star ranked as No. 2 for the night. It lost out to a migrating America’s Got Talent (2.1 adults). The NBC series was Sunday’s biggest broadcast performer, though it was down from last Tuesday’s 2.6 rating.
The only other new outing on Sunday was the final episode of Enlisted. The Fox comedy closed out with a 0.3 rating in the key demo.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day