- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lifetime’s Anna Nicole Smith telepic proved a big draw on Saturday night, just topping the network’s Casey Anthony effort as the most watched original movie of 2013 and besting all other efforts this year across key demographics.
All told, Anna Nicole fetched 3.3 million viewers during its inaugural airing, bringing in the most viewers of any Lifetime original movie since the November premiere of Liz & Dick (3.5 million viewers). The telepic marked a 57 percent jump over Lifetime’s year-to-date original movie average — which also includes June’s high-profile effort Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret (3.1 million).
Among targeted demographics, Anna Nicole managed to eclipse all Lifetime efforts since Steel Magnolias‘ record-breaking performance last October. Anna Nicole earned 1.6 million adults 25-54 and 1.4 million adults 18-49. With female viewers, Anna Nicole brought 1.2 million women 25-54 and 1.1 million women 18-49.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day