- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BET topped cable twice this week in the key adults 18-49 demographic, following Sunday’s strong showing from its flagship award show with premieres for The Game and Being Mary Jane.
Being Mary Jane, a new series starring Gabrielle Union, saw its 90-minute pilot debut at 10:30 p.m. on Tuesday to an impressive 2.0 rating with adults 18-49 and 4 million viewers. Among the targeted demographic, only NBC’s America’s Got Talent (2.3 adults rating) bested Being Mary Jane across all of television.
While the series won’t debut until 2014, the feature got a strong sampling thanks in no small part to the return of The Game. BET’s flagship scripted series kicked off its sixth season with a 1.7 18-49 rating and 3.6 million viewers at 10 p.m. A midnight encore of the episode even managed to pull in an additional 2.7 million viewers and a 1.2 demo rating.
Both premieres received strong promotion on Sunday night. The BET Awards, topping all other cable awards shows for the second year running, pulled in 7.8 million viewers and a 3.4 rating among adults 18-49.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day