- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Big Brother topped Wednesday in its summer return. The CBS off-season flagship easily ranked No. 1 in the key demo, facing off against a relatively unintimidating pack of other reality offerings.
With an average 1.7 rating among adults 18-49 and 5.9 million viewers, Big Brother‘s 19th season premiered in line with the previous one — though it was off two-tenths of a point in the key demo. Still, its fiercest competition, Fox’s MasterChef, did not come close to vying for the 18-49 crown with a flat 1.0 rating. It helped CBS, which started the summer with plenty of repeats, win its first night of originals in weeks.
One arena where Big Brother did get one-upped was among total viewers. NBC spinoff Little Big Shots: Forever Young, modest in its second episode with a 0.9 rating among adults 18-49, ranked as the most watched telecast of the night with 6.5 million viewers at 8 p.m. NBC followed up with a steady The Carmichael Show (0.7 adults), while Fox had another episode of The F Word (0.6 adults).
ABC put its lone original at 10 o’clock with an even outing of To Tell the Truth. It posted a 0.6 rating among adults 18-49.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day